With this blog I hope to inspire people to live out their full authentic selves, no matter what other people might tell them is or is not appropriate. Follow me for noveling helps and articles about how to live your life freely and openly.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

And So It Begins

IMAG0135
Outlining Map, Story-Cards


And so it begins. I have an outline plotted out, a flash drive so that I can switch between computers, a Springpad account to save the drafts to, a scheduler with my next week of writing and reading mapped out, etc etc.

This book is the hardest thing I've ever written. I consider my first two works stepping stones to this. And this book will be a stepping stone to...? God only knows.
Why is it the hardest book that I've ever written? Because it deals with cutting, and it was only a few years ago that I fought that demon, and won. It at least is my hope that maybe that gives me perspective on the subject, so that I can relate to readers in a fuller sense.

My plan of attack for the novel is simple - take it day by day, week by week. I don't do well with long-term planning, I need the reassurance that when I do fall off the track, nothing is lost, that I can get right back on the horse and keep going.

I'll keep you all updated.
Cheers!
L Finch

1 comments:

Jess said...

You look well-prepared for success!

Best of luck :)

Post a Comment