With this blog I hope to inspire people to live out their full authentic selves, no matter what other people might tell them is or is not appropriate. Follow me for noveling helps and articles about how to live your life freely and openly.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You know you need new glasses when you look down at your leg and freak out about a "big black spider" on your leg, only to find out you just need to shave... EEK!!! Gotta watch that whole shaving business....

I've been in a writing slump for a while now. Not really writer's block, just more like, "I don't know what to write". Not writer's block, mind you, because in my mind that comes in the middle of a project. To be quite honest, I'm back at the beginning and I'm struggling with fitting all the pieces together. It's like there's a great, big, road block in front of even beginning my novel, and it's screaming at me, "You need to know x, y, and z before you begin!". And honestly, I think that there is some truth to that. I need to know at least some backgrounds, names, and history of this new world that I'm developing before I go running off writing a bunch of crap that I'll just have to scrap later.
My slogan: Plan now, save time in the long run. It also prevents writer's block to plan ahead - really, I promise you, it does. The other side of the coin is that you can spend so much time planning that you neglect to actually write the story. As I'm sure you can figure out, that's not good either.

So to light a fire under my behind, I'm making public a to-do list for this week, so that I can start officially writing on Monday.

1. Finish outlining using the snowflake method
2. Main Character outlines on Ava, Finn, Alisa, Aurora, Bernice
3. Change main character's names (ha! too many A's in there)
4. On the car ride, finish "Making a Scene" and "Dynamic Characters".

Oh yes, did I mention that I'm going to Atlanta for almost a month?!? It's exciting!!! I love new environments for writing. The only question is what to pack... I'll probably end up bringing my whole office with me!! :P

Cheers!
L Finch

0 comments:

Post a Comment